The singer was found unresponsive by members of her entourage on Saturday afternoon at the Beverly Hilton Hotel and she was declared dead by responding paramedics at 3:55 p.m. PST on the eve of the Grammy's.
Houston had "a plethora of sedatives including Lorazepam, Valium, Xanax, and a sleeping medication that was found in her hotel room," a law enforcement source tells us.
The prescription drugs were officially taken into custody by the Beverly Hills Police Department, who is handling the investigation, and an autopsy is scheduled to take place either Sunday or Monday.
"Investigators from BHPD will be there when the autopsy is done. This is routinely done in cases when someone relatively young dies and there are no signs of foul play," the insider tells us.
- Johnny Depp's Longtime Pal, Legendary Rock N' Roll Guitarist Jeff Beck Dead At 78
- Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s Tell-All Netflix Series Delayed To 2023 After Attacks On ‘The Crown’
- Dianne Feinstein Refuses To Retire Before Her Senate Term Ends In 2024 Despite Colleagues Arguing She Is 'Mentally Unfit To Serve'
Authorities have unofficially ruled out suicide and are currently looking at Houston's death as an accidental overdose.
Houston battled an addiction to drugs and alcohol for years and she had just wrapped filming Sparkle with Jordin Sparks.