Whoopi Goldberg ended her three-days-old feud with the New York Times Wednesday, as the fiercely opinionated host of The View apologized to the paper after declaring them guilty of "sloppy journalism" a few days back.
Here's how the whole fiasco played out:
Goldberg, on Monday's edition of The View, said she was upset by a Sunday article by critics Manohla Dargis and A.O. Scott about the history of African Americans and the Oscars, thinking that her supporting actress Academy Award for 1990's Ghost had been overlooked.
She said she was "dismissed and erased by the New York Times critics who should know better," and implored the paper to "get your facts straight!"
The Times shot back later Monday, telling EW that Goldberg had misunderstood the piece.
"The error lies with those who are reading the story incorrectly," the paper said in a statement. "The point of the piece was not to name every black actor or actress who has been awarded an Oscar, it was to draw a comparison between the number who won prior to 2002 (the year Halle Berry and Denzel Washington won) and those who have won since.
"And the story states very clearly that in 73 years, prior to 2002, only seven black actors/actresses won Oscars."
Watch the video on RadarOnline.com
On Wednesday, Whoopi put an end to the controversy, conceding that a few misconceptions might have caused her to say something she shouldn't have.
"I said that I felt the reporting was shoddy and for that I'm going to apologize, OK?" she said. "I personally found the article really confusing, and as I said, I was also quite hurt that Cuba Gooding Jr., Louis Gossett Jr., and myself were not included in this expose about black Hollywood.
"But for saying it was shoddy reporting, I apologize, New York Times."