CNN anchor Anderson Cooper said he's "safe now" on his Twitter page Wednesday morning, just moments after he'd been attacked in riot-torn Egypt, RadarOnline.com has learned.
"Got roughed up by thugs in pro-mubarak crowd..punched and kicked repeatedly. Had to escape. Safe now," Cooper wrote on the micro-blogging website. "Its getting really bad in front of egyptian museum."
As RadarOnline.com previously reported, pro-Mubarak demonstrators attacked a CNN production crew in Cairo, and Cooper was among those targeted.
Cooper "was punched 10 times in the head as pro-Mubarak mob surrounded him and his crew trying to cover demonstration," CNN's Steve Brusk tweeted.
"The attackers pushed and shoved the CNN crew and punched them in the head," CNN said, noting that thankfully, no one was seriously hurt.