Jason "Blu" Griffith -- the one-time boyfriend of murdered Vegas showgirl Debbie Flores-Narvaez -- made a brief appearance in a Las Vegas courtroom Wednesday morning for his arraignment.
During the hearing, the charges were read aloud to Griffith; he said he understood the charges, and an automatic plea of 'not guilty' was entered on his behalf. The judge then set a preliminary hearing date of February 15. At that time, a judge will decide if there is enough evidence to order him to stand trial.
Until his next court appearance, Griffith remains held without bail at the Clark County Detention Center.
As RadarOnline.com previously reported, Flores-Narvaez, 31, was reported missing December 14 after missing rehearsal for her production, the Luxor's Fantasy show. Her dismembered remains were found in a downtown Las Vegas home last Friday, placed in cement-filled tubs. An autopsy showed she had been choked to death.
Griffith, 32, was arrested Saturday in Las Vegas and charged with her murder. He'd dated the showgirl for the better part of the past year, and had previously been arrested on charges of domestic-violence-related battery and coercion, in connection with an October 22 incident with the dancer.
He's being represented by a public defender in the murder case.
As RadarOnline.com previously reported, a text message Flores-Narvaez sent to her mother December 1, days before she disappeared, read: "In case there is ever an emergency with me, contact Blu Griffith in Vegas. My ex-boyfriend. Not my best friend."
Police Lt. Lew Roberts previously told RadarOnline.com that the case is "fairly complicated," and indicated there could be more arrests in connection with the dancer's death.