We've obtained the court papers in which Bravo star Tamra Barney was granted a temporary restraining order from her estranged husband Simon after raising allegations of longtime physical and verbal abuse.
Read the court docs on RadarOnline.com
The Real Housewives of Orange County star said in the court docs, issued in an Orange County courtroom September 23, that Simon physically assaulted her repeatedly during their 11-year marriage, as "his angry outbursts occurred, and continue to occur in the presence of our children.
Tamra said she did not break her silence on the alleged abuse until now because she "wrongfully believed that maybe these violent acts could be rationalized, and also due to embarrassment she did not report these instances of physical abuse in the past."
Tamra said that last August, Simon told their 4-year-old daughter he wanted to change the ring tone of his cell phone to the sound of howling dogs for any calls he would receive from her mother.
Simon was arrested last week on domestic violence charges and subsequently released from Santa Ana's Men’s Central Jail after he posted $10,000 bail. The Orange County District Attorney refused to file charges on the case.
Simon later told the Orange County Register he's "confident and has faith that the truth will come out in the courts instead of the media" regarding the assault allegations.
Simon told the paper Tamra had him arrested because she wants to get full custody of their children so she can put them on The Real Housewives of Orange County.
- Johnny Depp's Longtime Pal, Legendary Rock N' Roll Guitarist Jeff Beck Dead At 78
- Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s Tell-All Netflix Series Delayed To 2023 After Attacks On ‘The Crown’
- Dianne Feinstein Refuses To Retire Before Her Senate Term Ends In 2024 Despite Colleagues Arguing She Is 'Mentally Unfit To Serve'
“Recently my ex-wife and the production company have pressured me to allow the children to be filmed," Simon told the paper regarding the TV show. "I have always refused because I don’t believe it is in our children’s best interest to be exploited in this way.
"This has not set well with my ex-wife. If she succeeds in obtaining 100% custody, she will then be able to give permission for the children to be filmed even though I object," he said, adding that Tamra was also jealous over his new girlfriend.
Simon told the paper he'd probably be making a court appearance this week to respond to the latest charges from the Bravo star.
Tamra and Simon, who broke up in January, have three children, ages 11, 10 and 4.