The family of murder victim Monica Beresford-Redman held a rally Sunday where they begged the United States government to intervene in the investigation currently ongoing in Cancun, Mexico.
About 100 people gathered outside Zabumba, the Los Angeles restaurant Monica owned with her husband, Survivor producer Bruce Beresford-Redman. Monica’s two sisters, Jeane and Carla Burgos and their mother Ely, led a protest chanting “Justice For Monica.”
“I’m fighting for my daughter’s justice,” Ely, aided by a translator, told RadarOnline.com exclusively. “I want to know what the United States is doing. I want the Brazilian embassy to get together with the American Embassy and interfere with this case in Mexico. I don’t know why it’s taking Mexico so long to resolve this situation. I just want Monica’s body to be home so we can continue the process here.”
Ely proudly showed RadarOnline.com the necklace she wears which she says represents her three daughters. Says family friend Mariza Alyrio, “She raised them well.”
As RadarOnline.com reported, Monica’s body was discovered April 8 in a sewer outside the Moon Palace Hotel in Cancun where she had been staying with her family. RadarOnline.com was first to report that Monica and Bruce had traveled to Mexico to save their marriage after she discovered he had been having an affair with casting director Joy Pierce.
Bruce Beresford-Redman is the sole suspect in the crime and has been barred from leaving the country. At this time, he has not been charged with any crime. The couple has two children, ages 3 and 5, who are currently in the custody of Beresford-Redman's parents. As RadarOnline.com reported, David and Juanita Beresford-Redman have filed for permanent guardianship.
Monica’s sister Carla Burgos told RadarOnline.com, “Everybody wants to know the answers… why was someone not arrested if my sister was murdered.”