Your tip

DJ AM: Official Cause Of Death -- Accidental Overdose

Sep. 29 2009, Published 2:23 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email
Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

DJ AM (Adam Goldstein) died of an accidental overdose caused by acute intoxication according to the New York City Medical Examiner, can reveal.

The Medical Examiner said the cause of death was due to the combined effects of cocaine, oxycodone, hydrocodone (Vicodin), Ativan, Klonopin, Xanax, Benadryl and Levamisole (drug used with cocaine).

The 36-year-old celebrity DJ was found dead at his apartment in New York City’s Lafayette Street on August 28.

Article continues below advertisement

EXCLUSIVE: DJ AM Told Friends He Suffered "Survivor's Guilt"

A spokesperson for the Medical Examiner’s officer Ellen Borakove told “Today, The New York City Medical Examiner’s office is announcing that the cause of death of DJ Am is accidental overdose.”

Bag Of Crack Found In DJ AM's Pants

Drug Paraphernalia Found At Scene Of DJ AM's Death

Deputy Commissioner Paul Browne said there was no apparent evidence of foul play after the police broke into his apartment where prescription drugs were found inside.

Breaking News

The full report will not be released to the media --only to Goldstein’s next of kin.

Blink 182's Travis Barker To DJ AM: "You Were An Amazing Friend"



More From Radar Online

    Opt-out of personalized ads

    © Copyright 2024 RADAR ONLINE™️. A DIVISION OF MYSTIFY ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK INC. RADAR ONLINE is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.