Los Angeles Police Detectives are investigating reports of death threats against Nadya Suleman, the 33 year old single mom who gave birth to octuplets last month, according to the Pasadena Star -News
Threats have also reportedly been made against the publicity firm representing Suleman. Police say they plan to meet with the firm within the next day or two to find out the exact nature of the threats.
Suleman has attracted worldwide controversy because she already had six children younger than 8 when she had another round of in vitro fertilization, which produced the octuplets. Suleman is unemployed and has been supporting her family with student loans, food stamps and disability payments.
Just two days after it was launched, thenadyasulemanfamily.com Web site has received tens of thousands of hits. A spokesperson for Suleman says that includes more than 500 e-mail messages since Thursday morning - and dozens of threats.
Another Suleman publicist says many of the messages have been graphic, and have included promises to rip out Suleman's uterus. The publicity firm says it is also receiving menacing emails and nasty phone calls
As RadarOnline.com reported earlier, Suleman is staying at a hotel in an undisclosed location with her older children. The octuplets, six boys and two girls, remain hospitalized in good condition.