NOT BALD, NOT ANGRY Spears • Britney's potential lawsuit: A Florida radio station puts Brit on a billboard with a shaved head, looking downright insane. According to her lawyer, Britney's mere picture possesses a "multi-million dollar value." Lawsuit looms.
• NBC courts Jon Stewart: Stewart's contract with The Daily Show ends in 2008, and NBC chief Jeff Zucker is already making moves to pick him up. Word has it that Stewart may even get to take over Late Night.
• Missing documents: House Oversight Committee discovers e-mails are missing from 51 out of 88 White House officials using e-mail accounts set up by the Republican National Committee. Chairman in charge of oversight says this could mean "extensive" legal violations.
• Rape no excuse: GOP Pres hopeful Sam Brownback opposes abortion in cases involving rape. Fred Phelps, a preacher notorious for having followers hold up signs reading "God Hates Fags" at gay funerals, effuses: Brownback "likes what we're doing and tells me that."
• Goodbye condom ads: CBS and Fox decide to pull Trojan commercials featuring a pig trying to get laid. Fox claims "contraceptive advertising must stress health-related uses rather than the prevention of pregnancy." This coming from a station featuring Family Guy.
• Manson's artistic pretense: Today marks the opening of Marilyn Manson's art show in Germany. Apparently, Manson finds watercolors a natural medium to express the darker insights his music is unable to address.