By Debbie Emery – Radar Reporter
A judge ruled on Thursday that George Zimmerman will be allowed to post bail for a second time with the bond set at $1 million.
Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester had revoked the Trayvon Martin shooter’s previous $150,000 bail last month after prosecutors said he and his wife, Shellie, misled them about his finances during an April bond hearing, reported NBC Miami.
As RadarOnline.com previously reported, documents showed Zimmerman had $135,000 in his bank account the day before his bail hearing, however he claimed he was financially crippled.
Prosecutors said the couple talked in code while discussing the money in phone conversations recorded while Zimmerman was in jail.
“They used code, they used other words other than ‘9,000 dollars’ to make sure that whoever was listening wasn’t aware of what was going on,” prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda said during a bond hearing last week. “Why was that done? It was done to hide the money, so that they could deceive the court, lie to the court.”
Zimmerman, 28, has pleaded not guilty to the shooting death of the 17-year-old on February 26 as he walked home through a gated community in Miami, Florida, and claims it was in self defense.
Surveillance Tape Shows Trayvon Martin At 7-11; Officials Say He Had Pot In System
Trayvon Martin Gun Range Shooting Targets Go On Sale
George Zimmerman Pleads Not Guilty In Shooting Death Of Trayvon Martin
George Zimmerman Raised $204k From Online Donations, Prosecutors Seeking Higher Bond