By Amber Goodhand – Radar Reporter
Baseball great Jose Canseco has been slapped with a permanent restraining order by his ex-girlfriend and RadarOnline.com has exclusively obtained the court-ordered documents.
Jose’s ex, Leila Shennib, was granted a three-year restraining order against him on August 11, 2011 at the Los Angeles Superior Courthouse.
“Dating a professional athlete can be a roller coaster. Jose and I had some great times together and had a lot of love in our relationship so the past few months have been very tough,” Leila told RadarOnline.com in an exclusive interview.
“It was hard enough to break up with someone I was in love with and move out… I am so glad I finally don’t have to deal with everything anymore, and I hope other women can learn from the things I have gone through and can take the steps needed to get help when needed.”
According to the Order of Protection, the 47-year-old Cuban is prohibited from contacting Leila via email, telephone, third party or messages.
Jose didn’t show up to the August 11 hearing, thus Leila was automatically granted the restraining order.
“This has all just been embarrassing for me and my family. It amazes me how some people actually believe what Jose has to say and give him so much credibility, considering his past,” Leila said.
“He’s just an ex-athlete whose ego got hurt that a woman actually left him and has completely gone off the deep end.”
As RadarOnline.com previously reported, Leila sought the restraining order after claims that Jose was “harassing and threatening” her.