Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson want their depositions related to their son Chet Hanks’ fender bender case out of the public, and the Hollywood power couple said they plan to seek a protective order that would do just that, according to court records obtained exclusively by RadarOnline.com.
The family is fighting a court battle against Terry Moogan, a Los Angeles man who said Chet was under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol when Chet hit his vehicle on the freeway on Feb. 13, 2015.
The Hanks family filed an emergency motion on Sept. 26, 2018 asking to delay the trial for at least 90 more days so they could file a protective order.
As Radar previously reported, Tom and Rita have already asked the court to keep Chet's history of drug and alcohol use out of the impending court trial.
In court documents, Moogan said Tom and Rita should also be held liable because they are aware of their son's drug and alcohol history and still allowed him to drive their car.
Moogan is suing the famous family for negligence, negligent entrustment of a motor vehicle and negligent entrustment of a motor vehicle to an unfit driver.
In the emergency motion, the Hanks' attorney also asked for more time because of 14 experts who still need to be deposed.
We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (866) ON-RADAR (667-2327) any time, day or night.