BREAKING NEWS

‘Southern Charm’ Star Thomas Ravenel Officially Off Show After Arrest

Sep. 25 2018, Published 5:55 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

RadarOnline.com told you first!

‘Southern Charm’ star Thomas Ravenel is officially done with the show hours after he was arrested for assault and battery, Bravo confirmed with RadarOnline.com.

As RadarOnline.com readers were the first to learn, Ravenel was fired from the show after the sexual assault allegations surfaced about him earlier in the year.

“Thomas was fired. He was let out of his contract and unlike other people, he wasn’t even held to the one year non-compete clause. He was 100% let out of the contract and the production company severed all ties with him,” an insider snitched to RadarOnline.com.

Article continues below advertisement

Bravo confirmed on Tuesday that Ravenel was not returning to the show.

Ravenel turned himself in to cops on Tuesday morning following a warrant out for his arrest for an incident that took place in January 2015. He was arrested for second degree assault and battery the Charleston Police Department told RadarOnline.com. He was waiting for a bond hearing.

But Bravo had already made the decision to axe Ravenel, one of the original cast members of the hit show.

“The production company decided to let Thomas go,” an insider previously told RadarOnline.com. “They made the decision to fire him before filming wrapped. That’s also why he wasn’t allowed to go to the reunion.”

Ravenel claimed that it was his decision, Tweeting: “I’m not doing the show anymore. In the contract they have the right to fictionalize your story. They took advantage of me. I decided that I’ve got too much to lose and informed them I’m not coming back.”

Article continues below advertisement

However, the insider told RadarOnline.com that Ravenel was fired. “No one quits any Bravo shows. They are locked into their contracts for multiple years and only the network and the production company can let them go.”

A source close to Ravenel told RadarOnline.com that he was prepared to fight the charges.

“He plans to go full force against this woman,” an insider said. “He will subpoena her and everyone involved. He’s going to fight back against her.”

Stay with RadarOnline.com for updates to the story.

We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com? Email us at tips@radaronline.com, or call us at (866) ON-RADAR (667-2327) any time, day or night.

Advertisement

DAILY. BREAKING. CELEBRITY NEWS. ALL FREE.

© Copyright 2022 Radar Media Group LLC. RADAR and RADARONLINE are registered trademarks. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.