Your tip
RadarOnlineRadarOnline
BREAKING NEWS

Giant Sinkhole In Chicago Swallows 3 Cars!

Sinkhole

Apr. 18 2013, Published 12:11 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email
Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

For the second time in two months, another giant sinkhole has been discovered in the United States, though thankfully this time, with less deadly results.

The story comes out of the southeast side of Chicago, where three automobiles were swallowed into the ground at 5:30 a.m. CT. Thursday. One person was hospitalized with head injuries, according to the Chicago Tribune, quoting Chicago Police Department spokesman Michael Sullivan.

Article continues below advertisement

The injured individual was a driver trying to navigate his car around the hole as it widened, though it fell in, witnesses told the paper.

Ola Oni, whose car was one of the three involved in Thursday's incident, said she felt lucky and happy she didn't suffer any injuries to her person in the terrifying incident.

"It could have happened to me, I am lucky, I'm happy," she told the paper. "In this kind of neighborhood, I don't think this should happen."

MORE ON:
news

Watch the video on RadarOnline.com

Last month, 37-year-old Seffner, Fla. native Jeff Bush was killed when the ground under his home opened up and swallowed him alive.

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Advertisement

DAILY. BREAKING. CELEBRITY NEWS. ALL FREE.

Opt-out of personalized ads

© Copyright 2024 RADAR ONLINE™️. A DIVISION OF MYSTIFY ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK INC. RADAR ONLINE is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.