British police have reportedly arrested a "large part of the network" behind this week's Manchester suicide bombing but more arrests are likely, the country's top counter-terrorism officer said on Friday.
According to the New York Daily News, Mark Rowley said "immense" progress had been made in the investigation into Salman Abedi, who killed 22 people after an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England on Monday. (More than 60 were injured).
Rowley told reporters, "They're very significant, these arrests. We're very happy we've got our hands around some of the key players that we are concerned about. But as I say, there is still a little bit more to do."
Abedi's brother Ismail was arrested in Manchester on Tuesday and another brother, Hashim, was arrested in Tripoli on Tuesday night, a Libyan government spokesperson told the Associated Press.
The bomber's father, Ramadan Abedi, was also taken into custody in Tripoli on Wednesday. Before his arrest, he told reporters his son was innocent.
Detectives said Hashim had links to ISIS and was planning a terror attack in Tripoli.
Chief Constable Ian Hopkins told reporters on May 24 that a total of four people had been arrested as Salman didn't act alone.
"It is very clear that we are investigating a network linked to the bomber," Hopkins said in a press conference.
"The level of activity in this investigation is intense and is continuing at a fast pace. We have made three further arrests in connection with attacks overnight. This afternoon we entered an address in Manchester city center using a controlled explosion," the police constable said on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, devastated Grande, 23, suspended her "Dangerous Woman" tour, but vowed she will "be returning to Manchester" — and announced Friday on Twitter that she will do a benefit concert there, with the date to be announced, CNN reported.
We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (866) ON-RADAR (667-2327) any time, day or night.