Heath Ledger was found dead in his New York City loft on Jan. 22, 2008. The talented actor had taken a fatal mix of prescription drugs, leading to his accidental death. Click through RadarOnline.com's gallery to see photos from that tragic day.
Ledger's masseuse, who had arrived at his loft for an appointment, and his housekeeper found the actor's lifeless body.
The masseuse discovered Mary-Kate Olsen's phone number in heath's cell and called. Olsen promised to send her security detail to the loft, and, after some time had elapsed, the masseuse also called 911.
Despite everyone's efforts, Ledger, 28, had already been done for some time.
A toxicology report later revealed Ledger had died of cardiac arrest caused by prescription drugs. He had ingested a deadly cocktail of medications, including alprazolam and oxycodone.
"The last conversation Ledger's sister Kate had with him was this discussion about his medications and she warned him, 'You can't mix drugs that you don't know anything about,'" recalled Ledger's father, Kim, in 2016.
"He said 'Katie, Katie, I'll be fine,'" said Ledger's dad. "Well, that's a cavalier boy's answer. It just put his whole system to sleep I guess."
Sadly, loved ones, including Ledger's ex-fiancée, Michelle Williams, had tried to get him some help.
In March 2006, Williams drove the Brokeback Mountain star to Malibu's Promises Treatment Center and begged him to seek treatment for his addictions to alcohol, heroin, cocaine and prescription pills.
Ledger refused, and Williams, who is the mother of his now-12-year-old daughter, Matilda, left him in September 2007.
Just months later, word of Ledger's death spread around the globe and fans gathered at his New York City home to say goodbye on Jan. 22, 2008.
We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (866) ON-RADAR (667-2327) any time, day or night.