Hours after the My Type songstress broke her silence on the "unfortunate" matter, the Migos rapper echoed her sentiments.
"We had an unfortunate situation almost a year ago that we both learned and moved on from," he told TMZ. "I haven't physically abused Saweetie and have real gratitude for what we did share overall."
For her part, Saweetie said, "This unfortunate incident happened a year ago, while we have reconciled since then and moved past this particular disagreement, there were simply too many other hurdles to overcome in our relationship and we have both since moved on."
Though the exes appear to be relatively on the same page, at least publicly, that possibly won't stop the Los Angeles Police Department from moving forward with their investigation, which they announced they would be pursuing just one day after the uncomfortable footage made its rounds on the internet.
Prior to Saweetie breaking her silence, detectives said they were determined to speak separately with both parties involved in order to figure out what exactly happened before and after the video was captured. At the time, they noted the debacle could be considered an instance of domestic violence, with both people at fault.
The video in question – which took place in 2020 inside an elevator of a North Hollywood apartment building – showed the former couple struggling over an orange briefcase, which they both pulled at, pushed and tossed around.
At one point, Saweetie tried to swing at Quavo, but she missed. He then lunged back at her, pulled her into the elevator and shoved her to the ground, where she remained for most of the minute-and-a-half clip.
Saweetie publicly dumped Quavo on March 19, claiming she was officially "single" because she had "endured too much hurt and betrayal behind the scenes." She also alluded to her then-boyfriend having been intimate with other women. Quavo denied the infidelity.