A man is suing the stars of Duck Dynasty accusing the family of lying to police about his committing a drive-by shooting.
According to court documents obtained by Radar, Daniel Dean King Jr. is suing John Luke Robertson, Mary Kate Robertson, Willie Robertson, Duck Commander Inc, and Sheriff Jay Russell from The Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s Office.
In the suit, King says he was “wrongfully arrested” on April 24, 2020. He says officers from the Sheriff’s office “wrongfully charged” him with committing a felony of aggravated assault by a drive-by shooting.
He accuses John Luke and Mary Kate of calling the police and causing “the investigation and eventually” his arrest. In court documents, King says the reality stars told police they were in their home “with their child” and had “been the target of a drive by shooting.”
King says these statements were “calculated, false and ultimately defamatory.”
He says the Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s Office “failed to properly investigate the case and arrested and charged Mr. King erroneously.”
Further, he says Willie Robertson, John Luke and the Sheriff’s Office “publicized” his arrest. The suit says the defendants made “many false and defamatory statements, and did so in a manner that the allegations against Mr. King were heard nationwide. These actions were intentional and designed to damage Mr. King’s reputation.”
As a result, King says he’s suffered “significant damages” including him being locked up. He also claims his reputation was harmed and he lost money due to his loss of employability.
He is suing for unspecified damages. King even included the family company, Duck Commander, Inc. as a defendant.
Last year, King was arrested after allegedly shooting at two homes on the same property owned by the Duck Dynasty family.
According to a local report, King was accused of firing off a .380 caliber gun multiple times into the Monroe, LA home. One of the bullets reportedly hit one of the two homes. A total of three people were in the home when he reportedly fired off the shots.