Get Your Fresh Intelligence Daily

SUBMIT

‘RHOC’ Star Braunwyn Windham-Burke & Husband Sued Over Car Accident Months Before Hit With Eviction Threat

Jul. 15 2021, Published 9:53 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Real Housewives of Orange County star Braunwyn Windham-Burke was dragged into a lawsuit after her husband crashed her car weeks before being accused of owing $45,000 in back rent.

According to court documents obtained by Radar, the Bravo star and her estranged were sued by Luis and Froylan Ortiz. The plaintiffs filed a civil lawsuit in Orange County Superior Court over a car accident.

Article continues below advertisement

The incident took place on January 22, 2019, on the Southbound 1-5 freeway in Tustin, California. Luis says he was driving his Honda Civic with Froylan sitting as a passenger in the car.

Sean was driving his car behind Luis. The car was owned by his then-wife Braunwyn. The suit says, “As Plaintiffs’ vehicle came to complete stop due to traffic, their vehicle was rear-ended by Sean Burke. Following the impact, Plaintiffs were violently jarred and jolted around the interior of their” car resulting in “personal injuries and damages.

Article continues below advertisement
rhoc alum braunwyn windham burke husband sean announce trial run separation pp
Source: BRAUNWYN WINDHAM-BURKE/INSTAGRAM

They claim to have suffered wage loss, loss of use of property, and hospital/medical expenses.

Article continues below advertisement

Luis and Froylan accused Sean of driving negligently and blame him for their “grave injuries.” Sean and Braunwyn did not respond to the allegations in court. Instead, the case was dismissed in March. All signs point to a settlement being reached outside of court.

As Radar first reported, Braunwyn and Sean were hit with a eviction lawsuit this week. Their furious landlord says the couple have refused to pay their $15,000 a month rent and wants them out immediately.

Article continues below advertisement

The landlord says Braunwyn leased the 5-bedroom, 6-bathroom, nearly 8,000 sq. ft. pad in January 2020. They agreed to pay $15,000 a month in rent for a one-year and six-month lease.

However, despite numerous demands for payment, the landlord says the couple have refused to cough up the back rent.

Article continues below advertisement

Braunwyn has yet to comment on the matter.

The legal matter came a day before Braunwyn announced she was separating from Sean after 26 years of marriage. She said, “We are packing up this house, the one we filmed last year, and we are moving. We have decided jointly that we are going to take a few months apart."

Article continues below advertisement

Braunwyn said she was headed off to Hawaii and Sean was going to stay in Newport Beach.

Last year, Braunwyn announced she was a lesbian and had a girlfriend. She claimed Sean was into the idea of an open relationship. It appears things didn't work out.

rhoc alum braunwyn windham burke husband sean announce trial run separation gallery pic
Source: BRAUNWYN WINDHAM-BURKE/INSTAGRAM
Advertisement

© Copyright 2021 Radar Media Group LLC. Radar and RadarOnline are registered trademarks. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.