Get Your Fresh Intelligence Daily

SUBMIT

It’s Over: Steve Harvey’s Talk Show Officially Canceled After Kelly Clarkson Takes Spot

Steve Harvey’s Talk Show Officially Canceled After Kelly Clarkson Takes Spot
Source: Getty Images (2)

May. 10 2019, Updated 7:18 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Eight months after Kelly Clarksons upcoming talk show took over his time slot, Steve Harvey’s show is officially over, RadarOnline.com can exclusively report.

The Steve staff wrapped up production on the Los Angeles set this week, a source told Radar.

“It’s done for good,” the source revealed. "It's not coming back, ever."

The crew ended their run with a big wrap party in Beverly Hills on May 9.

In an interview with Variety in January, Harvey, 62, admitted his show was dropped by NBCUniversal, but said he still hoped the show would get picked up elsewhere.

Article continues below advertisement

A source previously told Radar the mogul wanted to take over Wendy Williamsshow if she failed to return from her stint from rehab, but unfortunately for Harvey, she’s bounced back.

“Steve is all about one thing — winning,” the source said.

He certainly didn't win over the staff. Radar reported Harvey wrote a nasty email to his employees after the show relocated to L.A. from Chicago in 2017.

"Do not come to my dress room unless invited," he ordered. "Do not approach me while I'm in the makeup chair unless I ask to speak to you directly."

Advertisement

© Copyright 2021 Radar Media Group LLC. Radar and RadarOnline are registered trademarks. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.