JonBenét Ramsey’s brother settled his $750 million defamation lawsuit against CBS Corp. after a TV documentary insinuated that he killed his beauty queen little sister. RadarOnline.com has exclusive details on the court case.
Burke Ramsey filed a lawsuit against CBS corporation in December 2016 after a two-part docu-series, The Case of JonBenét Ramsey, aired with the conclusion that he murdered the 6-year-old on Christmas in 1996.
According to the Michigan 3rd Circuit Court District, the $750 million case was closed and an order of dismissal was signed and filed on January 2, 2019.
An order dismissing party was also signed and filed on January 2, 2019.
Burke’s attorney, Lin Wood, confirmed the news to Radar.
"The defamation cases filed by Burke Ramsey and John Ramsey against CBS have been amicably settled to the satisfaction of all parties," he said on January 4, 2019.
Wood previously told Radar that CBS and others involved with the production of the docu-series only wanted to profit from the allegations that Burke murdered little JonBenét.
“This is one of the most egregious cases of defamation I have even known. It has had a major impact on his life, and he will have to live with it for the rest of his life,” Wood previously told Radar.
JonBenét’s murder case remains open more than 22 years after her horrific death.
Stay with Radar for updates to the story.
We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com? Email us at email@example.com, or call us at (866) ON-RADAR (667-2327) any time, day or night.