“Son of Sam” killer David Berkowitz was on his deathbed after being admitted to the hospital multiple times for ongoing heart issues, now RadarOnline.com can exclusively reveal the murderer has been given a second chance at life.
“His health seems to be excellent,” Berkowitz’s attorney Mark Heller exclusively told Radar. “He’s been in the correctional facility. He’s been back for a while now.”
A Public Information Officer for Shawangunk Correctional Facility in Wallkill, New York revealed his last hospital stint took place in March 2018.
“He was transferred to a hospital in March, but he has been back in Shawangunk since then,” the PIO explained.
As Radar previously reported, the serial killer was transferred from Shawangunk Correctional Facility in Wallkill, New York to Albany Medical Center in December to undergo heart surgery.
He was back in the hospital in January, a PIO told Radar in February. Heller confirmed the January hospitalization had to do with “ongoing cardiac issues.”
A source told Radar at the time that he is on his “last legs.”
“It doesn’t look good at all,” a source told Radar. “He’s been suffering with cardiac problems for a long time, and he’s not bouncing back from his procedure. He doesn’t have long. Death is expected imminently.”
Berkowitz went on a New York City shooting spree from 1976 to 1977, leaving six people dead and seven injured. He was arrested on August 10, 1977. He told police his neighbor’s dog ordered him to commit the murders.
Berkowitz is currently serving six consecutive life sentences.
What do you think about his recovery? Tell us in the comments.
We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com? Email us at email@example.com, or call us at 800-344-9598 any time, day or night.