George Michael died alone on Christmas morning after battling heroin addiction for months, RadarOnline.com has learned.
According to The Telegraph, the star had even been treated in the hospital for an overdose earlier this year.
"He's been rushed to A&E on several occasions," a source revealed to the publication. "He used heroin. I think it’s amazing he’s lasted as long as he has."
As Radar readers know, the 53-year-old was found dead on December 25 at his Oxfordshire residence in England.
Cardiac arrest, the presumed cause of death according to the singer's manager Michael Lipman, is common among heroin users.
But even worse, another insider told Radar that Michael was involved in a romance from hell before death with boyfriend Fadi Fawaz, who discovered his body Christmas day.
"He was in a long-term relationship that so volatile and drug-filled, it was disgusting They were very abusive verbally and physically to each other," the insider told Radar.
Michael’s rep confirmed his death in a statement that read: “It is with great sadness that we can confirm our beloved son, brother and friend George passed away peacefully at home over the Christmas period.
We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 800-344-9598 any time, day or night.