Government Fatal Blunder: Orlando Massacrist Worked As Security Contractor For Feds

Orlando Club Shooting -- Omar Mateen Worked Security For Government

Jun. 12 2016, Updated 8:21 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Omar Mateen, the 29-year-old terrorist responsible for the most deadly mass shooting in American history, worked as a security contractor for the feds prior to his death.

"We are shocked and saddened by the tragic event that occurred at the Orlando nightclub," his employer said in a statement. "We can confirm that Omar Mateen had been employed with G4S since September 10, 2007. We are cooperating fully with all law enforcement authorities, including the FBI, as they conduct their investigation. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of the friends, families and people affected by this unspeakable tragedy."

Article continues below advertisement

What's more, the FBI was aware of Mateen prior to the shooting. According to reports, Mateen had become a person of interest to the bureau in 2013 and again in 2014, however the cases were later closed after they failed to produce any solid evidence.

"He's a known quantity," a source told The Daily Beast. "He's been on the radar before."

As RadarOnline reported, authorities are still investigating Mateen for possible connections to international terror organizations.

Advertisement

© Copyright 2021 Radar Media Group LLC. Radar and RadarOnline are registered trademarks. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.