The holiday season could be heartbreaking for Sharon Stone. RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned that the actress is “devastated" following the sudden death of her beloved 22-year-old nephew, Colin Stone, from a suspected heroin overdose.
Colin, the son of Sharon’s brother Michael Stone, was found dead at his apartment in Hollywood on November 10 “during a welfare check by his apartment manager,” said Ed Winter of the L.A. County Coroner's office.
“His death was recorded as a possible overdose, pending toxicology reports,” Winter added.
Sources connected to the situation tell RadarOnline.com exclusively that “the death was believed to be a heroin overdose.”
“Years ago, she helped Colin’s dad – her brother, Michael – get his life back on track after serving time for selling drugs,” the source tells RadarOnline.com, referring to her brother, now 63, who served two years in jail for "possession of a kilo of cocaine."
- John Travolta 'Found a New Lease on Life' Years After Losing Wife Kelly Preston: Report
- John Travolta Sparks Fear He's 'Edging Away' From Scientology After Ditching Tom Cruise's Church Gala: Report
- Harry and Meghan Befriend Scientologist John Travolta After Falling out With Other High Profile Pals Including the Beckhams
“Michael was able to escape a life of drugs,” the source said. "Unfortunately, his son was not so lucky.”