Official Sweepstakes Rules
Win A Star Hat Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
1. How To Enter: Beginning on 9/19/12, send your caption to firstname.lastname@example.org. The complete list of directions for the Win A Star Hat Sweepstakes is located at StarMagazine.com. All entries must be received no later than 11:59am/ET on 9/24/12. Only one internet entry per person will be accepted. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple internet entries using multiple e-mail addresses or otherwise will be disqualified. IAll materials submitted become the property of American Media, Inc. ("Sponsor") and will not be returned.
2. Winner Selection / Random Drawing: Winners will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about 12pm/ET on 9/24/12 from among all eligible entries that are complete. The random drawing will be conducted by representatives from Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. The winner will be notified via e-mail and/or telephone. If the winner cannot be contacted within 10 days of the first attempt to notify, Sponsor will draw a new winner.
3. Prizes: One winner will win a Star hat. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $10.00. Total ARV of all prizes: $10.00 (Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize of greater or equal value.)
4. Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years or older. Employees of American Media, Inc., their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. Void in Puerto Rico, Canada, and where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local taxes and any expenses relating to the acceptance and use of a Prize are the sole responsibility of each Winner.
5. By accepting Prize, Winners agree to hold Sponsor, its respective directors, officers, employees, and assigns, harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of Prize. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participating in this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, and understand that the Sweepstakes results are final in all respects. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to hold Sponsor, its respective directors, officers, employees, and assigns, harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of Prize.
- Johnny Depp's Longtime Pal, Legendary Rock N' Roll Guitarist Jeff Beck Dead At 78
- Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s Tell-All Netflix Series Delayed To 2023 After Attacks On ‘The Crown’
- Dianne Feinstein Refuses To Retire Before Her Senate Term Ends In 2024 Despite Colleagues Arguing She Is 'Mentally Unfit To Serve'
6. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures or inability to access any Web site or on-line service, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, illegible, incomplete, damaged, or misdirected entries. If the judges determine, in their sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual electronic tampering with the Sweepstakes or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes, the judges reserve the right to void the entries at issue and conduct a random drawing to award the Prize using all eligible entries received as of the termination date.
7. Any information entrants provide to the Sponsor will be used to communicate with entrant in relation to these Sweepstakes. Sponsor may also share this information with third parties who are participating in this program. Sponsor or third parties may contact entrants at a future date about services the Sponsor believes entrants will find of interest.
8. For the name of the Winner, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Win A Star Hat Sweepstakes, 4 New York Plaza, 2nd Floor, New York, N.Y. 10004. Requests for the names of Winners must be received by Oct. 18, 2012.
9. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by American Media, Inc., 4 New York Plaza, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10004