Get Your Fresh Intelligence Daily

SUBMIT
Exclusive

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jon Gosselin Is The TV Ratings Draw, Not Kate, Says His Lawyer

Feb. 9 2010, Updated 5:11 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Jon Gosselin was the REAL star of Jon & Kate Plus 8 – at least that’s what his lawyer Mark Heller told RadarOnline.com in an exclusive interview.

Never afraid to make bold statements, Heller will definitely raise eyebrows with his new claims.

“The show is based on female demographics,” he told RadarOnline.com. “You have housewives watching. They want to see what Jon Gosselin is going to do next. They don’t care about Kate that much.

Article continues below advertisement

“It shocks me that they don’t try and get this thing back on the air.”

Jon withdrew his permission for the network to film his children after TLC announced it was limiting his role on the show and changing the title to Kate Plus 8.

Heller strongly hinted that Jon is ready to allow the network to film his kids again on a modified schedule, fewer hours and fewer days. Network sources tell RadarOnline.com, however, that they are not anxious to put the show back on the air after Jon’s stunt, which effectively shut down the series.

“Right now Jon’s in a holding pattern, waiting to see what will happen with these settlement discussions,” Heller told RadarOnline.com.

And to “prove” Jon’s popularity, he said the dad of 8 had been offered two Super Bowl commercials but turned them down because TLC has a preliminary injunction in place against Jon.

Which commercials?

“I can’t remember,” said Heller.

Advertisement

© Copyright 2021 Radar Media Group LLC. Radar and RadarOnline are registered trademarks. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.