Balloon Boy dad Richard Heene could be released from jail this week because the prison he is staying at is almost full to capacity, RadarOnline.com can exclusively reveal.
RadarOnline.com broke the news that the former reality star would be released six days early from his original thirty day sentence at Larimer County Detention Center in Colorado if he behaved himself – Heene started his sentence on January 11, 2010.
But now we understand that date could be pushed forward further meaning that the notorious prankster could be back on the streets sooner.
Lt Pat McCosh told RadarOnline.com: “He could get out this week if the courts accept everything.
“Our daily computations are very high right now and his behavior has been excellent to date, so, he may qualify for an early release program.
“Mr Heene has been very respectful to the prison officers and he has been really keeping to himself as far as the other inmates are concerned.
“There have been absolutely no problems with him and if this continues then he could qualify for an early release.”
Richard Heene, whose flying saucer balloon received national attention when it was thought his six-year-old son was inside, had been sentenced to 30 days in jail and another 60 days on work release program.
Richard's wife Mayumi received four years probation and was sentenced to 20 days in jail.
Their son, Falcon, was in their home while his parents told police and others he was missing, leading everyone to think the child was in the runaway balloon.
The husband and wife have already been hit with a $42,000 bill from local, state and federal agencies for their October stunt when they claimed their six-year-old son had crawled into a hot air balloon in their back yard and been whisked away into the sky.