The death of actress Brittany Murphy was not the result of drug use or an eating disorder, her mother and widower told the Associated Press Wednesday, a month to the day after the Clueless star was found dead in her Los Angeles home.
While the toxicology reports of the 32-year-old’s death have yet to be made public, Murphy’s husband Simon Monjack said a faulty heart valve condition, known as mitral valve prolapse, was to blame for the shocking December 20 death. Monjack said Murphy was told she "would live a long and healthy life" by her doctors.
Murphy's mother, Sharon Murphy, said that her daughter "would not take too much caffeine. She wouldn't even have a glass of champagne on New Year's -- She was just high on life, and people see that as something else I guess."
A report taken as the death scene indicated that "no alcohol containers, paraphernalia or illegal drugs were discovered," but ten different medications were found present at the scene, including Klonopin, Carbamazepine, Ativan, Vicoprofen, Hydrocodone, Topamax, Propranolol, Biaxin, Methylprednisolone, Fluoxetine and miscellaneous vitamins.
Monjack and Murphy will appear in a taped interview on Larry King Live Wednesday to discuss the death in further detail. Larry King Live airs 9pm EST/6pm PST on CNN.