Danny Gans' Kids Speak Out: Our Dad Was Not A Drug Addict

Nov. 26 2009, Published 5:15 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email

His official cause of death was an overdose from the prescribed painkiller Dilaudid, but Danny Gans' three children want his fans to know the Las Vegas superstar was not an addict.

Read All The Details Of Gans' Last Day

It is their first Thanksgiving without their impressionist dad, and the three teenagers -- Andrew, Amy and Emily -- sat down with Las Vegas TV station KTNV to talk about the Danny Gans they knew.

Article continues below advertisement

The Gans teens are all still reeling from their father's sudden death last May. He was only 52, and was on prescribed painkillers but he never abused them, the three insisted.

Michael Jackson was a huge fan of Danny's and saw the Las Vegas Entertainer of the Year's show several times.

"He didn't like being on the pain medication because he didn't like the way it made him feel," Andrew said. "So he'd go onstage sometimes, he'd be in so much pain, he'd have to go offstage during a change and get sick because he was in that much pain."

Michael Jackson

The Gans family, who made Las Vegas their home for the last decade, has moved back to California. Danny's posthumous autobiography, The Voices in My Head, completed the day before he died, was published last month.



Opt-out of personalized ads

© Copyright 2023 Radar Media Group LLC. RADAR and RADARONLINE are registered trademarks. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.