Your tip

Judge OKs Michael Jackson Movie Plans

Aug. 10 2009, Published 4:14 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email

Michael Jackson is coming to the silver screen one last time.

Plans for a Columbia Pictures film chronicling the final days of Michael Jackson -- including footage shot at the late Thriller singer's last series of rehearsals -- were approved at a Los Angeles Superior Court hearing, officials announced Monday.

The executors of Jackson's estate, John Branca and John McClain, negotiated the pending deal, in which Columbia Pictures will pay AEG $60 million for rights to the footage. The footage is taken from the rehearsals the late King of Pop made for his This Is It shows that were slated to be held in London this summer.

Breaking News
Article continues below advertisement

Now that Judge Mitchell Beckloff has approved the deal, Michael Jackson's estate will receive around 90 percent of the profits, with the other 10 percent going to AEG.

Jackson died after suffering a sudden cardiac arrest June 25 in Los Angeles; results of an autopsy conducted on the pop icon have yet to be released.



Opt-out of personalized ads

© Copyright 2024 RADAR ONLINE™️. A DIVISION OF MYSTIFY ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK INC. RADAR ONLINE is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.