Your tip

Hearing To Determine Fate Of Michael Jackson Movie

Aug. 10 2009, Published 9:55 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email

Plans for a Columbia Pictures film chronicling the final days of Michael Jackson -- including footage shot at the late Thriller singer's last series of rehearsals -- are likely to be approved Monday at a Los Angeles Superior Court hearing.

The executors of Jackson's estate, John Branca and John McClean, negotiated the pending deal, in which Columbia Pictures will pay AEG $60 million for rights to the footage. If Judge Mitchell Beckloff approves the deal, Michael Jackson's estate would receive around 90 percent of the profits, with the other 10 percent going to AEG.

Michael Jackson
Article continues below advertisement

The late King of Pop's mother, Katherine Jackson, could voice any opposition she has to the deal at Monday's hearing.

Jackson died after suffering a sudden cardiac arrest June 25 in Los Angeles; results of an autopsy conducted on the pop icon have yet to be released. will be in the courtroom and will bring you developments as they happen.



Opt-out of personalized ads

© Copyright 2024 RADAR ONLINE™️. A DIVISION OF MYSTIFY ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK INC. RADAR ONLINE is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.