An ongoing police investigation into an alleged physical altercation between Mel Gibson and a man who tried to snap his photo has uncovered witnesses who dispute the would-be-photographer’s claims, RadarOnline.com has learned exclusively.
The Los Angeles Police Department’s Hollywood division is continuing to probe the incident from the opening of Hollywood’s Playhouse on July 29. But multiple witnesses are backing Mel. "These eyewitnesses dispute the entire incident," a senior police source told RadarOnline.com.
As RadarOnline.com previously reported exclusively, police plan to interview Mad Mel this week. They still want to conduct that interview.
“The Mel Gibson case is almost finished,” the police source told RadarOnline.com.
A reporter from Life & Style magazine attempted to take Mel’s photograph but his security guard intervened. Mel was at the club with his pregnant girlfriend Oksana Gregorieva. The reporter then handed the camera to a male friend who tried to take the photo. Allegedly a scuffle ensued. The man emerged from the Hollywood club with a torn shirt and filed a battery report against Mel.
But the senior police source told RadarOnline.com that there are multiple witnesses who dispute the man’s claims against Mel.