Your tip

Court Hearing Centers Around Michael Jackson's Growing Fortune

Aug. 17 2009, Published 12:53 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email

Attorneys representing Michael Jackson's mother, Katherine, will lock horns with the executors of Jackson's estate, John Branca and John McClain, over control of the late singer's fortune in a court hearing scheduled for downtown Los Angeles at 2:30 p.m. PDT  Monday.

Despite his death, the singer's assets continue to grow: a judge last week approved a film that will include footage of Jackson's final rehearsals; his estate will receive around 90 percent of the profits, with the other 10 percent going to concert promoters AEG. Branca and McClean, according to ABC News, have stated they hope to generate as much as $100 million this year.

Michael Jackson
Article continues below advertisement

Date for Michael Jackson's Burial Confirmed

Jackson died after suffering a sudden cardiac arrest June 25 in Los Angeles; results of an autopsy conducted on the pop icon are being withheld by the Los Angeles Coroner's Office until the police investigation has been completed. will be on hand for all the proceedings, check back for more on this case later in the day.



Opt-out of personalized ads

© Copyright 2024 RADAR ONLINE™️. A DIVISION OF EMPIRE MEDIA GROUP INC. RADAR ONLINE is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.