Miko Brando, the son of late screen legend Marlon Brando, discussed witnessing his friend Michael Jackson's fire-related accident on the set of a Pepsi commercial in 1984 on Good Morning America Thursday.
The incident has come under scrutiny in the wake of Jackson's June 25 death, as some have said it might have spurred the late Thriller singer onto his well-chronicled -- and possible fatal -- addiction to pain medication.
The day of the accident, Brando, said he was stage left watching rehearsals and thought, "Oh my God, my friend's on fire," until fire officials took over. He said he helped douse the flames atop the Beat It singer's head,
Brando said he wasn't sure if the specific incident was the fire starter of Jackson's pill addiction and never considered such a thought in retrospect. He said Jackson followed strict doctors orders "by the book" in his recovery from the burns.
- $2B Powerball Winner Edwin Castro Accused of Stealing Winning Ticket, Served Legal Papers at Newly Purchased $25M Mansion
- 'We Are Hated': 'Toxic' and 'Authoritarian' LA District Attorney George Gascón Has 10,000-case Backlog Three Years After Taking Office
- Elderly Couple Left Traumatized After Being Tied Up for Hours as Crooks Ransacked Their Bel-Air Home
Brando said he never saw physical evidence that Jackson was addicted to drugs.
Brando said that despite his possible pain, Jackson always radiated love and concern for others.