Michael Jackson's finally landed himself a break. The paramedic who was struck by the singer's SUV outside a hospital has dropped pending his lawsuit against the superstar.
Driver Jamin Mauro told RadarOnline.com exclusively that he reached out to an attorney after suffering whiplash injuries April 22, when Jackson's Cadillac Escalade struck his ambulance outside LA's Cedars-Sinai hospital.
Mauro revealed to us on Friday, however: “We have decided to drop our case after further talks with our lawyer. Mr. Jackson is a very nice man and it’s the right thing to do – that’s all I’m prepared to say at this time."
Mauro would not comment if he or his paramedic partner have reached a settlement with the Jackson camp.
The King of Pop was waiting to be picked-up at the medical center when his driver clipped the ambulance while being followed by paparazzi.
After fetching the performer the driver simply sped off without exchanging insurance details, or seeing if the occupants of the ambulance had been injured.
Beverly Hills police have passed the case over to the Los Angeles District Attorney’s office, who says they're reviewing the case for possible charges against Jackson's chauffeur.