The stout Scottish lassie turned overnight international singing phenomenon Susan Boyle from Britain's Got Talent has the voice of a mega-star, but the look of a matronly spinster. With the eyes of the world on Boyle, Hollywood's style and beauty geniuses tell RadarOnline.com what the newest diva needs to do in order to step up her look and her style!
Phillip Bloch (designer of Phillip Bloch for Emma and Posh Collection) is a celebrity style genius behind many of Hollywood's A-list ladies like Halle Berry. He says, "Right now, Boyle looks like she should go back to Scotland and take up yodeling." Yodeling is Swiss, but fashion is fashion folks! Bloch continues, "Her voice speaks volumes, but she is a head-to-toe project." In addition to a great makeup artist, Bloch advises:
1) "For wardrobe, she should go for sleek chic. Wearing dark colors like black, chocolate browns, and burgundy. She should leave the pop in color to the necklace and could even benefit from a little sparkle and embellishment. Let's face it though, she's not competing with Britney."
3)"It is not about the legs for Boyle. Pants will make her look taller and leaner. The dresses make her look too housewife-y."
Senior Warren Tricomi Hairstylist Marc Mena- the scissors behind the hair-o-licious Naomi Campbell, Molly Sims and Katie Lee Joel- suggests:
1) "Eyebrows need to be done asap."
2) "Color hair and put depth back into hair. Her color is too ashy and it ages her. Lowlights and highlights will give it dimension."
3) "She needs to update cut and smooth her hair out," he says, adding, "she needs to have more angles around her face to soften up her face and slim it down."
- Look Stylish In Your Favorite Pro Sports Apparel With Fashionable Merch From New Brand Official League — Shop Now
- Radiate Sunshine With Exclusive Spring Styles From Liverpool L.A.’s Living In Yellow Capsule Collection — Shop Now
- Tom Brady's Thinning Hairline Under Scrutiny After NFL Legend Announces Retirement
4) "Keratin treatment because it straightens and reduces frizz in her hair. It will be easier for her to style on her own after the treatment."
Ryan Nickulas, owner of the Ryan Darius Salon in the West Village adds:
1) "Lashes would be her best friend. Adding false lashes would open up her eyes, pairing beautifully with her newly shaped brows."
2) "Use peaches and cream tones on eyelids (try: glominerals gloEyeshadow in seashell or bamboo) and cheeks which would soften her features and create a mini-lift."
Sounds like a lot of work! As popstar Pink proclaims in her lyrics, "L.A. told me, you'll be a popstar; all you have to change is, everything you are." The question is, though, will the "gobsmacking" Scott be game for the transformation?
(Photo: Pacific Coast News)