NATURE'S LAWNMOWERS Goats of Los Angeles (Photo: LA Times) Here's the hot news of the morning!
• Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin "billed taxpayers for 312 nights spent in her own home during her first 19 months in office, charging a 'per diem' allowance intended to cover meals and incidental expenses while traveling on state business," and also billed the state for travel for her children and husband.
• The prime minister of Thailand has been ousted for paid appearances on two TV cooking shows. Jeez, strict!
• In the last five years, the Recording Industry Association of America has sued 30,000 people for illegal file-sharing. Only one case has been won by the RIAA in court—and it may end in a mistrial.
• New York Times lead business writer Andrew Ross Sorkin has some Tuesday morning quarterbacking on Henry Paulson's decisions on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
• Which industry will be next to get a government bailout? Oh, hello, auto makers of America!
• Analyst: Everyone on Wall Street will be fired!
• Los Angeles is now employing goats to clean up weedy lots.