FIT GRAD? Talley, Hudson
• Big red: The fashion tents are back up in Manhattan, but for Fashion Group International's 24th Annual Night of Stars, not Fashion Week in Bryant Park. Hey, Vogue editor at large André Leon Talley, the rainbow called. It wants red back.
• The Lou Dobbs angle on the California fires: CNN is reporting that several illegal border-crossers have been found dead as a result of California wildfires, and there are several other reports of illegals' injuries.
• The Hills cutting room floor: Reality "star" Jason Wahler gets jail time for fourth degree assault. Lacking blank stares and vapid conversation, it is not expected to air on MTV.
• Presidential pimp slap: During a live press conference, Bill Clinton responds to a 9-11 conspiracy heckler by telling him to shut up and asking, "An inside job? How dare you?"
• Masquerade ball: FEMA workers pretend to be reporters during a California wildfire briefing. It's a marked improvement from the Katrina experience in New Orleans, where FEMA's chief pretended to do ... anything.
• He's coming out: Barack Obama speaks with The Advocate to clear up issues about Donnie McClurkin on his campaign trail and his stance on gay rights.
• Free on the high seas: The L.A. district attorney's office states that charges will not be filed against Orlando Bloom as a result of his car accident earlier this month. But they reserve the right to change their minds should a Pirates of the Caribbean 4 be made.