Five things you need to know:
• Reevaluating the reign of Alan Greenspan, who ran the Federal Reserve from 1987 to 2006: Is everything that is wrong with America his fault? Some say so!
• The McCain-Palin ticket is working hard to get white women voters, who are not feeling it. Despite, you know, a woman being on the ticket.
• The Maryland police department put the names of 53 anti-death penalty and anti-war activists on the terrorist watch list. Classic!
• Jean-Marie Gustave Le Clezio won the Nobel prize in literature. (Yeah, we haven't read word one of him either.)
• Reality star Lauren Conrad has a new $118,000 car.