LOOK WHO'S COMING TO DINNER Obamas, Cheney (Photo: Getty Images)
• Dissin' cousins: As if polls and fundraising weren't enough for Barack Obama to worry about, Lynne Cheney has announced that her husband, Dick, and Obama are eighth cousins and share a common 17th century ancestor. A spokesman for the candidate jokingly responds, "Every family has a black sheep."
• Galaxy expands to TV: Star Wars auteur George Lucas announces plans for a small-screen series, likely cashing in on the extensive derivative plot lines featured in the Lucas-sanctioned novels. Jason Alexander as R2? The doofy brother from Raymond as Chewy?
• Radio hostess's (face) planted story: Air America firebrand Randi Rhodes was not attacked by rabid right wingers in NYC, as show cohosts insinuated (and bloggers perpetuated), but beefed while walking her dog.
• Film godfather loses respect: Francis Ford Coppola says he's disappointed in the career arcs of three of America's most revered actors, Robert DeNiro, Al Pacino, and Jack Nicholson, saying, "I guess they don't want to do it anymore."
• Contract: Les is more responsible: CBS inks deal with Les Moonves that keeps him at the network's helm through 2011 and more directly ties his salary to the success of company stock.