AMERICAN TRAITORS Cointelpro In Action Politics
• COINTELPRO is back, baby! The FBI is getting new rules that "relax requirements" and "expand the investigative techniques" they may use, including when they act, as they so often do, as "undisclosed participants" in demonstrations inside the U.S. The government says that "investigations will not be opened based 'solely' or 'simply' on a person's race or religion." That is not reassuring. It is like the 1960s!
• The AP wonders if Americans are reading and understanding what news outlets write when reporters explain that John McCain is lying in his ads.
• How much influence do Vice Presidents have in picking Supreme Court justices? Lots, it turns out!
• What's it like inside Lehman Brothers? "Everyone is walking around like they have just been Tasered."
• The average hedge fund is losing 4 percent this year.
• Don't understand why the economy isn't rebounding? Here are the reasons why.
• Taco Bell is the hip indie rock corporation.
• Cab drivers are making fun of America's favorite hooker, Ashley Dupré!