CANADIAN DISASTER Paris Hilton and Benji Madden at the Toronto Film Festival (Photo: Getty Images) Business
• So deeply troubled Lehman Brothers will sell off its real estate, more than half its asset management division (which is to say, where the money comes from) and will show losses of $4 billion over the last three months. Wow.
• Holy smokes, did film critic Rex Reed ever hate the Toronto Film Festival this year.
• Pretty much every Democrat in America is really mad at Barack Obama for not choosing Hillary Clinton as his V.P.
• The latest mid-afternoon workplace pastime? Running electoral college numbers online. Why not?
• All the politicians (okay, mostly Democrats!) are calling for the elimination of severance packages for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac execs.
• The 9/11 museum at the site of New York City's World Trade Center will allegedly open in late 2012. Just in time!