Stern's Ultimate F-You to Detractors
KING'S RANSOM Stern • T&A payday: With his latest $83 million stock bonus, Howard Stern has earned $700 million in cash and stock since joining Sirius satellite radio. The real payoff: he can now tell his former employer to fuck off without getting bleeped.
• Sponsored by Geritol: CNN is planning a weeklong bash to celebrate Larry King's 50 years in broadcasting. It'll air new interviews with Oprah, Bill Clinton, Angelina Jolie, and "somebody big." It's totally gonna be Osama bin Laden!
- Johnny Depp's Longtime Pal, Legendary Rock N' Roll Guitarist Jeff Beck Dead At 78
- Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s Tell-All Netflix Series Delayed To 2023 After Attacks On ‘The Crown’
- Dianne Feinstein Refuses To Retire Before Her Senate Term Ends In 2024 Despite Colleagues Arguing She Is 'Mentally Unfit To Serve'
• Happy birthday!: Ever-chipper news sprite Katie Couric is celebrating a 50th milestone of her own. As a special gift she'll ... interview ... Larry King. (See previous item.)
• Home delivery companion: "Don't be a drudge" and six other rules for reading the newspaper, courtesy of Garrison Keillor in Salon.