GIMME A BREAK Britney(Photo: Getty Images)
• A break for Britney: It seems the PR stunt Britney Spears pulled with losing her kids has paid off big time! Her first single from her new album, "Gimme More," topped Billboard's Hot Digital Songs chart at No. 1 with 179,000 downloads, and landed the No. 3 spot on Billboard's Hot 100.
• Party like it's 1984: Van Halen reunites (with Eddie's son on bass). Shirts are removed. High-fives break out. And the stage lights up with David Lee Roth's shrieks, Eddies furious hammer-ons, and Alex's headbands.
• Tale of the tape: Rudy Giuliani's comments on years' worth of radio broadcasts come back to haunt him. Example, from Rudy: "When I was a private citizen, I would go up to people and tell them they were slobs."
• Crock of love: Was Brett Michaels the only one who believed his reality show was real? His pick on Rock of Love, the pink-haired Jes Rickleff, has ditched him for a Chicago clothing designer.
• Double wide: Rosie O'Donnell joins Roseanne Barr on stage at a comedy gig and tries to make nice by saying that her former View captain Barbara Walters was a pioneer as a woman who interviewed presidents. Barr cracked, "Yeah, I loved her interview with Abraham Lincoln."