AD-LIBBING Libby(Photo: Getty Images)
• On second thought: Onetime White House aide Scooter Libby drops his appeal, realizing the move would invalidate President Bush's exceedingly generous commutation that followed Libby's conviction on obstruction and perjury charges related to the CIA leak case.
• Botox bitchslap: Janice Dickinson defends a batch of unflattering Jennifer Love Hewitt photos on The Today Show: "She is a healthy girl.... You want to see someone who's fat—I'm sorry, Tyra. Tyra Banks is fat." After Al Roker protests, Dickinson says she's kidding—fearing no return visit to ANTM in her future.
• Penn protest: While pledging his support of presidential hopeful Dennis Kucinich during a speech at San Francisco State University, actor Sean Penn is confronted by a College Republican protester who is, alas, not tased.
• Snap shot: Pictures have surfaced on Facebook of two students at Penn State who dressed up as Virginia Tech massacre victims for Halloween, sparking outrage and—most ironically—death threats.
• : A Houston woman claims to have been gang-raped by Halliburton/KBR employees in Baghdad, and that the government is covering it up.