HOUSE OF ILL REP-UTE Curtis
• Sexy time: Page-lovin' State Rep. Richard Curtis resigns, saying, "while I believe we've done some good and helped a lot of people during the time I served in the Legislature, events that have recently come to light have hurt a lot of people." His bio is promptly pulled from the House Republicans' website.
• : Hollywood studios and screenwriters deadlock in talks aimed to prevent the writer's strike. The Writer's Guild says "every issue that matters to writers ... has been ignored. This is completely unacceptable." Grey's Anatomy fans suffer panic attacks.
• No pressure: After he inspires contest-winning Halloween costumes across the nation, Senate Republicans back off pressuring Larry Craig to resign.
• Out in the open: To stymie the rumor mill and prove to everyone that he's off the drugs, Owen Wilson has a new open-door policy with bathroom stall doors.
• Can't buy her love: Paul McCartney's mono-pod ex and Dancing With the Stars alum Heather Mills breaks down on British TV, compares the media's treatment of her to that of, ahem, Princess Di.