SMOOTH OPERATOR Barack
• Obama slays the GOP: According to a Zogby poll from today, Democratic presidential contender Barack Obama wins the presidency over any of the potential Republican competitors, his victory ranging "from a 4 percent edge over Arizona Sen. John McCain and a 5 percent edge over Arkansas' Mike Huckabee to an 18 percentage point lead over Mitt Romney." Hillary Clinton beats only Romney and Thompson.
• Post post-rehab: With her face mostly out of the spotlight, straight and sober Lindsay Lohan's been making moves to ensure her bank accounts stay stacked—by shilling for a nicotine gum company. It's a new low for the term disgusting.
• Money from the 'Grave: Activist/actress Vanessa Redgrave has contributed $50K to the release of an Al Qaeda operative held captive at Guatánamo Bay for nearly five years. Spain's quickly moved to try them on behalf of the EU and was wondering, Ms. 'Grave, if you'd like to contribute any further cash to the case?
• Speaking of Gitmo...: Skyrocketing Republican candidate Mike Huckabee believes the aforementioned prisoners and their compadres are, if anything, treated "too nice."
• A new Simpson to deride: RuinRomo.com encourages Dallas Cowboys haters to don cut-out masks of football jinxer Jessica Simpson, hoping to unnerve her quarterback beau Tony Romo at the next game. The question of course being: don't most girls in Texas already look exactly like Jessica?