DOIN' DUBYA Brolin, Elizabeth Banks as Laura Bush and Brolin as George (inset) (Photo: Getty Images, Inset: EW)
Calling all Dicks: EW takes a first look at the script for Oliver Stone's bumbling Bush biopic, W, and notes that he still hasn't settled on an actor to play Cheney, though Paul Giamatti is noted as a potential candidate.
• Dept. of homeless security: In St. Louis, a homeless dude who just wanted to get out of the rain strolls past airport security and is discovered an hour later napping on an empty plane. Bums are immediately added to the Axis of Evil.
• Vote or die: Hollywood mogul and Hillary-supporter Harvey Weinstein denies reports that he threatened Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi with choking off his hearty political donations if she didn't push for a revote in Florida and Michigan.
• Bad watchdog!: It's been almost a month since the New York Times exposed the Pentagon's "news analysts" propaganda program, and the networks are mum. Even politicians like John Kerry are starting actually urge cable news to investigate something with some journalistic credibility.
• Blog haute: Perez Hilton debuts his fashion line, which actually makes more sense than any of his ventures to date.
• Think Tank: The Daily Show is a lot like the shows it parodies—O'Reilly, Hardball, etc. Related: Colbert is a lot like right wing blowhards his character mocks.
• Kick out the Jammys: After seven long years of guitar wankery, patchouli, and pitt stank, the Grammys for jam bands nods off. Stashes are cashed. Parents' credit cards are maxed out. Hackey sacks fall limply to Mother Earth. Buck up! There's always the yearly seafaring circle of drums and dreads that is the Jam Cruise!