• "The Palin camp is projecting surprising self-confidence in the pre-debate hours." We are: jumping up and down with excitement.
• John McCain has given up on Michigan.
• Here is a great point about math, the bailout, and grizzly bears.
• Here are some tips on how to look busy at your law firm with nothing to do.
• Here is a barely intelligible news story that, it turns out, is about a drunk driving lawyer who ran down someone while drunk who is now representing him in his civil suit?
• Fantastic news lead of the day: "The District Court chief judge on Thursday banned District Judge Elizabeth Halverson from the county courthouse." This is Las Vegas, people. And it just gets better from there. Her husband just tried to beat her to death with a frying pan.
• Um, the New Yorker, the "gay French arugula-blowing big government white wine-eating literate elite non-cling snob black coastie welfare magazine" of choice, endorsed a presidential candidate. We'll let you guess who!